Job Title: Translator (Arabic-English/English-Arabic)
Department: Translation Department
Direct Manager: Translation Project Manager
Place of Work: Remote/online (Applicants based in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Palestine, and Turkey encouraged to apply) Place of Work
Contract Duration: 12 Months (subject to annual extension based on performance) Contract Duration
Probationary Period: 2 Months
Starting Date: During April 2022
Working Hours: Full-time and flexible work arrangements will be considered.
Working Days: 6 Days/week
Notice Period: 1 Month
Net Monthly Salary: TBD based on experience and suitability
Job Ad Duration: Till March 27, 2022
Academic Degree: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to the job description.
- Previous translation experience/background in the following topics: Humanitarian assistance, Crisis/Disaster Management, Politics.
- Convert content/Ideas in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language.
- Clear and coherent writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Compile technical terms and information terms into glossaries.
- Ability to proofread, edit, and revise translated materials.
- Ability to deliver work on time within agreed deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Familiarity with translation software
- Constant access to the internet
Minimum Years of Experience: Three years of professional translation
Attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and one sample (at least) of your previous related work.
APPLY VIA THE LINK
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
* OPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer *
* Female candidates are encouraged to apply *